Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Fine Line Between What Fits and What's Available

When a customer comes in, and they’re expecting to walk out of the store with a couple bras, it can be difficult to tell them their more accurate size. 
Case in point, this evening a customer was trying on a 38DD size and it was clear that it was too large in the band.  The cup was a push-up so that skewed the cup size measurement a bit but still, I could tell that the band was just too large.  She had it on the tightest hook and I measured her, snugly, at 36 inches just under her bust.  Over her bust, it was measuring 45 inches.  Subtract an inch or two because of the pushup and that’s still a seven inch difference.  Seven inches is a G cup in U.S. sizes.  She’s not going to find that where I work.  My coworker was standing behind me, watching, as I shared with the customer *why* her band size wasn’t working.  I also explained that to really test the band’s fit you should connect the band with the cups in back or upside down with them over the belly (if your belly doesn’t resemble a case-a-day beer belly lol).  If the band feels fine without your breasts in the cup, then it’s the right band size.  If it feels too large, go with the shorter band length and then find a cup that fits.
I encountered another customer who was expressing dismay about the “fat” underneath her armpits.  I shared with her about “swooping and scooping” and bringing that “fat” back where it belongs: in the bra because it’s migrated breast tissue.  She kept the band size that she was in and went up a cup.  I hope it fit.  She wasn’t specifically my customer so I didn’t follow up with her.  Same with the first lady.  I just dropped little nuggets of fit information so that they would be better informed while shopping.

I think I can hope to only be like the butterfly, fluttering its wings, making an impact on my customers.  You know that butterfly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment